The development and application of bus passenger counter is of significant importance in transit service planning, fund management and operating public transit means. Therefore, Sodimax provides you with Automatic Passenger Counting (APC) system which allows for collection of accurate boarding and alighting data and subsequent evaluation of stop, trip and route load and analysis.
VPC-D bus passenger counting system it is based on passive, non-radiating infra-red technology to detect and count people moving through a door or gate. It includes transducers, door switch and processor. Due to the small dimensions, the equipment is flexible and adjusted to various types of vehicles and easily mountable.
• Comparing and verifying fare collection figures with passenger counts
• Validating passenger counts to justify payments due to transportation companies
• Scheduling maintenance and cleaning based on vehicle usage
• Optimizing vehicle load across regions, time periods, or other factors
• Monitoring service quality