Traditional bus passenger flow collection methods and drawbacks:
1. Manual survey method: The survey period is long, the organization is difficult, the data is complicated, and it is impossible to provide real-time data. It is impossible to conduct regular and systematic passenger flow surveys; however, urban public transport is constantly dependent on passenger flow, road conditions, climate and other factors. In a stochastic service system, if the information is not working or the feedback is not timely or accurate, the dispatcher cannot perform effective command and dispatch.
2. Bus IC card method: lack of real-time ability, which can not solve the problem of not swiping the card twice when getting off the bus.
3. Image processing counter: large amount of data processing, intimely dynamic resolution processing, easy to be affected by vibration and light, error accumulation, low accuracy;
4. Pressure pedal counter: unable to judge the upstream and downstream direction, unable to identify multiple people simultaneously, easy to step on, poor maintainability;
5. Passive infrared counter: vulnerable to the influence of external environment temperature and light, with accumulated errors and low accuracy;
6. Active infrared counter: it can't be uniquely identified, and the installation mode is limited and large. The error will accumulate, and the accuracy rate is not high.
The above traditional collection methods can no longer meet the needs of the implementation of bus dispatch, so real-time collection of bus passenger flow information has become an urgent problem to be solved to improve the degree of bus informatization, and is also the only way to realize urban intelligent transportation. Fortunately, the emergence of bus passenger flow statistics has solved the practical needs.
* Improve the service quality of flight attendants through the conversion rate of passengers;
*Assess and optimize the effectiveness of public transportation advertising;
* Reasonably set the time and number of departures for the early and late bus;
* By showing the status and trends of the current number of passengers, the bus station can take measures to prevent emergencies for a large number of people, etc.